In case you missed it, a Brazilian boy gave the Swiss Guard the slip at Pope Benedict XVI’s Wednesday general audience in Rome. It seems the youngster was looking for a hug and a blessing.
February 4, 2011 9:38 pm
Boy gives Vatican security the slip
About George P. Matysek Jr.
George P. Matysek Jr. is the assistant managing editor of The Catholic Review in Baltimore. View all posts by George P. Matysek Jr.
This entry was posted on Friday, February 4th, 2011 at 9:38 pm and tagged with boys hugs pope, swiss guard, vatican security breach and posted in Pope Benedict XVI. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- RT @archbalt: TODAY is the Archdiocesan Day of Reconciliation! Parishes throughout the archdiocese will be offering special hours for you t… 8 hours ago
- Tomorrow! Archdiocesan Day of Reconciliation. All parishes. Schedules☟ twitter.com/archbalt/statu… 1 day ago
- Wishing you today a happy #StPatricksDay https://t.co/RKiiD8pFVx 2 days ago
- RT @ReviewMcMullen: Great snark from son of @CatholicReview contributor Jeff Seidel twitter.com/espn/status/97… 2 days ago
- Pope’s representative to U.S. addresses seminarians at Mount St. Mary's Seminary @MSMU archbalt.org/popes-represen… https://t.co/vFBb78P6sZ 3 days ago
Top Posts and Pages
- Archbishop Edwin F. O'Brien Art and Culture Baltimore Catholic education Christmas Funny Heaven Inspiration Interfaith understanding In the news Life issues Liturgy Marriage Maryland Catholic Conference Maryland General Assembly Narthex Parishes Political life Pope Benedict XVI Pope John Paul II Religious life Saints Scripture Sports Strange but true Uncategorized Video Report Vocations War and Peace Young adults