For many of the 26 people who joined Bishop Mitchell T. Rozanski on a recent pilgrimage to the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland, the spiritual highlight was praying in the presence of the famous icon known as Our Lady of Czechtochowa. The pilgrims had the honor of sitting only a few feet away from the “Black Madonna” as Bishop Rozanski led them in Marian prayers. Moved by the experience, several participants wiped away tears of joy. Check out this video report:
June 5, 2011 1:02 pm
VIDEO REPORT: Our Lady of Czechtochowa inspires devotion
About George P. Matysek Jr.
George P. Matysek Jr. is the assistant managing editor of The Catholic Review in Baltimore. View all posts by George P. Matysek Jr.
This entry was posted on Sunday, June 5th, 2011 at 1:02 pm and tagged with czestochowa, Devotions, poland and posted in Bishop Mitchell T. Rozanski, Devotions, Saints, Video Report. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- RT @archbalt: TODAY is the Archdiocesan Day of Reconciliation! Parishes throughout the archdiocese will be offering special hours for you t… 8 hours ago
- Tomorrow! Archdiocesan Day of Reconciliation. All parishes. Schedules☟ twitter.com/archbalt/statu… 1 day ago
- Wishing you today a happy #StPatricksDay https://t.co/RKiiD8pFVx 2 days ago
- RT @ReviewMcMullen: Great snark from son of @CatholicReview contributor Jeff Seidel twitter.com/espn/status/97… 2 days ago
- Pope’s representative to U.S. addresses seminarians at Mount St. Mary's Seminary @MSMU archbalt.org/popes-represen… https://t.co/vFBb78P6sZ 3 days ago
Top Posts and Pages
- Archbishop Edwin F. O'Brien Art and Culture Baltimore Catholic education Christmas Funny Heaven Inspiration Interfaith understanding In the news Life issues Liturgy Marriage Maryland Catholic Conference Maryland General Assembly Narthex Parishes Political life Pope Benedict XVI Pope John Paul II Religious life Saints Scripture Sports Strange but true Uncategorized Video Report Vocations War and Peace Young adults