Here’s a nice, simple and direct summary of what’s happening with the new English translation of the Roman Missal. There’s more to it than what this video offers, but it’s a good introduction. Check out this story for a more detailed explanation from Father Richard Hilgartner, a Baltimore priest and director of the Secretariat for Divine Worship with the U.S. bishops. The changes are set to take place Nov. 27, the first Sunday of Advent.
August 26, 2011 6:38 am
Teen video breaks down coming changes in the language of the liturgy
About George P. Matysek Jr.
George P. Matysek Jr. is the assistant managing editor of The Catholic Review in Baltimore. View all posts by George P. Matysek Jr.
This entry was posted on Friday, August 26th, 2011 at 6:38 am and tagged with roman missal; new translation and posted in Liturgy. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- In #MeToo movement Catholic Church can play role in discussion, healing
- Movie Review: ‘Ferdinand’
- ‘Enough with the deaths’: Mexican clergy reiterate Chiapas is in crisis
- Archbishop Gomez sees signs of God’s presence even in fiery destruction
- Eight is great, Christmas gifts, ping-pong in the dining room, a trumpet concert, and Ramen Around the Christmas Tree (7 Quick Takes)
- "The Lord is there in the outpouring of donations and in all of the volunteers serving selflessly in our Catholic C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- RT @archbalt: The #CatholicCenter Christmas tree shines bright for HIM. Are you ready? #ocomeemmanuel #Christmas #FridayFeeling https://t.c… 15 hours ago
- ADVENT IDEA #5 • Create a reverse Advent calendar: place a box in a common area of your house. Each day, add an ite… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- Using his private collection, Jack Pundt, facilities manager at Our Lady of Victory School surprised students wit… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- “Our missionary work must also reach those hearts that are closed to the reception of others,” said Pope Francis to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Top Posts and Pages
- Archbishop Edwin F. O'Brien Art and Culture Baltimore Catholic education Christmas Funny Heaven Inspiration Interfaith understanding In the news Life issues Liturgy Marriage Maryland Catholic Conference Maryland General Assembly Narthex Parishes Political life Pope Benedict XVI Pope John Paul II Religious life Saints Scripture Sports Strange but true Uncategorized Video Report Vocations War and Peace Young adults