Here’s a nice, simple and direct summary of what’s happening with the new English translation of the Roman Missal. There’s more to it than what this video offers, but it’s a good introduction. Check out this story for a more detailed explanation from Father Richard Hilgartner, a Baltimore priest and director of the Secretariat for Divine Worship with the U.S. bishops. The changes are set to take place Nov. 27, the first Sunday of Advent.
August 26, 2011 6:38 am
Teen video breaks down coming changes in the language of the liturgy
About George P. Matysek Jr.
George P. Matysek Jr. is the assistant managing editor of The Catholic Review in Baltimore. View all posts by George P. Matysek Jr.
This entry was posted on Friday, August 26th, 2011 at 6:38 am and tagged with roman missal; new translation and posted in Liturgy. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Classroom passion runs deep in Westminster: bit.ly/cr-westm #catholiceducation #education #backtoschool… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A saint for the slaves, #saintpeterclaver nourished hearts and souls. @BishopBarron column. Graphic via @archbalt :… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- It's been 225 yrs since St. Ignatius RCC came to be. Check out video 👉 bit.ly/stignatius225a… (by parishioner Nich… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The Domestic Church: 'Making memories on an evening walk' by Rita Buettner. #inspirationalpost #ThursdayThoughts:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- "The Least of These" focuses on #prisonministry in the AoB. True advocates, true converts. See:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
Top Posts and Pages
- Archbishop Edwin F. O'Brien Art and Culture Baltimore Catholic education Christmas Funny Heaven Inspiration Interfaith understanding In the news Life issues Liturgy Marriage Maryland Catholic Conference Maryland General Assembly Narthex Parishes Political life Pope Benedict XVI Pope John Paul II Religious life Saints Scripture Sports Strange but true Uncategorized Video Report Vocations War and Peace Young adults